It’s Sneezy the Snowman time! Sneezy is a great character for kids to learn about. This is my students’ favorite winter book to read. In this blog post, we will share 23+ Sneezy the Snowman freebie activities that you can use in speech therapy and at home with your child. These resources include lesson plans, snowman activities, boom cards, melted snowman paper plates, and more!
Maureen Wright is the author of Sneezy the Snowman. In her book, Sneezy comes to life and takes the reader on a winter adventure. She has also written several other children’s books, including Sneeze, Big Bear, Sneeze! and Sleep, Big Bear, Sleep.
1. Sneezy the Snowman
This Sneezy the Snowman interactive read aloud lesson plan is perfect for teaching the book. The plan includes several stopping points to model teacher thinking, turn and talks, and response options.
2. Sneezy the Snowman Hot and Cold Sort
This is a cut and paste worksheet where the students will sort hot and cold items from the story, including hot cocoa and the hot tub.
3. Sneezy the Snowman Emergent Reader FREEBIE
This emergent reader is perfect for whole group instruction.
Ice Cream Cone
4. Sneezy the Snowman Companion Game
Help Sneezy stay cool by getting all five ice cream scoops on his cone – but be careful.. if you land on something hot, he is going to melt! Use this fun digital game with your students.
5. Melting Snowman Craft
One of our favorite Sneezy the Snowman activities is this melting snowman craft. You can find the instructions here. This is a great activity to use with younger students (like first graders) as they learn about winter and the weather.
6. Sneezy the Snowman Worksheets
Another fun Sneezy the Snowman activity as a review or to help your students follow along with the story!
7. Roll A Snowman Dice Game
This Sneezy the Snowman printable game is another fun Sneezy The Snowman resource you can use for your students! You can find this freebie here. It’s perfect for small groups, speech therapy sessions, and more!
8. Sneezy the Snowman Sequencing Foldable
This Sneezy the snowman foldable may be just what you need if you’re looking for a sequencing activity to go along with Sneezy the Snowman activities. Check it out here! We love using engaging activities like these!
9. Big or Small? Winter Boom Cards
Boom cards that go perfectly with Sneezy the Snowman as it uses the items present in the book.
10. Sneezy the Snowman Writing Activity *FREEBIE*
This lesson plan includes a variety of activities that will keep your students engaged in writing and comprehension.
Sneezy the Snowman Mini Lesson
11. Sneezy the Snowman Sequencing Freebie Kindergarten and First Grade Reading
This Sneezy the Snowman mini-lesson is a great way to introduce your students to the character Sneezy. It includes key details about Sneezy, as well as a slider strip activity for practicing sequencing.
12. The Missing Snowman Craft
If you’re looking for a fun craft to go along with the book, look no further! Your students can create their own melting Sneezy the Snowman.
SEE ALSO: 219+ Free Winter Speech Therapy Activities
Lesson Plan Pack
13. Sneezy the Snowman Unit
Your students will focus on many different literacy skills with this lesson plan pack that can be used in the classroom!
Snowman Book Companion
14. Sneezy the Snowman: Book Companion- Complete word list
This is the perfect addition to your lesson plans. Words from the entire book are catalogued and organized by phoneme and word-position, with a list of minimal pairs, rhyming words, and homophones.
15. Sneezy the Snowman Companion Game
Use this fun game with your students digitally. Help Sneezy stay cool by getting all five ice cream scoops on his cone – but be careful… if you land on something hot, he is going to melt!
16. Sneezy The Snowman – Never Give Up!
This resource is perfect for little learners as they apply the book with a creative writing activity. It can even be made into a class book!
17. Snowman Slide-A-Sentence
Easy and FUN sentence writing! Teach your students to describe an object using this simple sentence slider game. With 6 different snowman cards, students will describe the color of the snowman’s cap, mittens, nose, scarf, and buttons.
SEE ALSO: 141+ Free Thanksgiving Speech Therapy Activities
18. Free States of Matter Snowman activity, Sneezy the Snowman
Here is a fun science experiment to go along with the book. It’s a free download with printable sheets to go along with the activity!
Literacy Center Ideas
19. Melted Snowman Writing Activity
This writing activity is a great way to introduce your students to storytelling and narrative writing, and could be a fun Literacy Center idea for the classroom. Your students will have a great time thinking of creative ways that their snowman melted and writing short stories.
20. Free States of Matter Snowman activity, Sneezy the Snowman
Use this activity to tie in some science common core standards.
Warm Winter Scarf
21. Hat, Scarf, Mittens and Boots: Original Poem
This is a fun way to talk about how we dress warm, just like Sneezy the snowman!
22. Visual Directions: Make Your Own Snowman Face
Combine fine motor work, motor planning, comprehension, reading and fun with art!
SEE ALSO: 59+ Free New Year’s Speech Therapy Activities
23. Digital Classroom Management Reward Game – Build a Snowman
A perfect way to reward your students digitally.
24. SNOWMAN Construction Paper Craft
This is a jumbo size construction paper template for a snowman craft. A great companion craft for this book.
We hope you enjoy these Sneezy the Snowman activities! Be sure to check out our other posts for more speech therapy ideas and resources.
Want More Crafts or Holiday Themed Resources and Materials?
Be sure to check out the following topics for more ideas!
- 219+ Free Winter Speech Therapy Activities
- 141+ Free Thanksgiving Speech Therapy Activities
- 257+ Free Fall Speech Therapy Activities
- 43+ Best January Crafts for Kids with Speech Therapy Ideas
- 51+ Ocean Theme Activities for Speech Therapy
- 59+ Free New Year’s Speech Therapy Activities
- 207+ Free Valentine’s Day Speech Therapy
Want the Best of the Bests?
Be sure to check out our most popular posts below!
- 21 Best Reinforcement Games for Speech Therapy / Teletherapy
- Best IEP Resources
- 71+ Free Social Problem-Solving Scenarios
- 430+ Free Multisyllabic Words List Activity Bundle
- 432+ Free Measurable IEP Goals and Objectives Bank
- 279+ Free Speech Therapy Digital Materials
- 179+ Free Speech Therapy Wh-Questions Printable