According to Kindy News the average child asks about 288 questions a day. That’s A LOT of questions. Kids ask questions to learn about their world and how things work. The typical question begins with a wh-question word including simple who questions, what questions, when, where, why questions speech therapy, and how). Grab your wh-questions for speech therapy to start practicing today.
Most kids begin asking what questions around the age of two in order to learn about an object, action, or idea.
Speech Therapy WH Questions
Who, what, where, when, why, and how? When children begin answering wh questions for speech therapy this can lead to a higher level of reading comprehension. Children asking wh questions for speech therapy are often trying to gain more information.
WH Question Speech Therapy
How to Teach WH Questions for Speech Therapy
Use these speech therapy wh questions activities to have your students practice working on speech therapy questions.
- WHO QUESTIONS: is used to identify a person.
- WHAT QUESTIONS: is used to learn about an object, action, or idea.
- WHEN QUESTIONS: is used to learn about a time of an event.
- WHERE QUESTIONS: is used to learn about a location, person, or event.
- WHY QUESTIONS: is used to learn about the reason for something happening.
- HOW QUESTIONS: is used to learn the way something is done.
Free Wh Questions for Speech Therapy
Give your students more practice answering free wh questions for speech therapy! Download this speech therapy activities for wh questions freebie to get started today! Take a sneak peek of what’s inside below.
- WH Questions Speech Therapy Poster
- Real Photos
- 30 Who Questions for Speech Therapy
- 30 What Questions for Speech Therapy
- 30 When Questions for Speech Therapy
- 30 Where Questions for Speech Therapy
- 30 Why Questions for Speech Therapy
- 30 How Questions for Speech Therapy
- 179+ Questions Total for Speech Therapy
Teaching WH Questions Speech Therapy with Differentiated Version Included
In addition to the questions with real photo version, I have included the wh questions for speech therapy with no visual support.
This version provides more complex wh questions for speech therapy and can be used for those students who don’t need a visual to answer the speech therapy wh questions.
Use the additional blank space to have your students draw their own picture to best answer the wh questions for speech therapy!
Simple Who Questions
- 1. Who takes care of sick animals?
- 2. Who makes cupcakes?
- 3. Who teaches children to read?
- 4. Who brings food to your table?
- 5. Who saves people from a fire?
- 6. Who takes care of sick people?
- 7. Who drinks formula from a bottle?
- 8. Who keeps people safe while swimming?
- 9. Who goes to school?
- 10. Who cooks food at a restaurant?
- 11. Who protects people from bad guys?
- 12. Who takes dogs on walks?
- 13. Who paints pictures?
- 14. Who grows food for people?
- 15. Who brings people their mail?
- 16. Who cleans people’s teeth?
- 17. Who plays music?
- 18. Who drives a bus?
- 19. Who cleans a school?
- 20. Who brings pizza to people’s houses?
- 21. Who makes your bed?
- 22. Who is in charge at school?
- 23. Who plays drums?
- 24. Who plays a character on TV?
- 25. Who flies to the moon?
- 26. Who sings songs?
- 27. Who helps a doctor?
- 28. Who fixes broken pipes?
- 29. Who drives a taxi cab?
- 30. Who works in a flower shop?
- 31. What color is the sky?
- 32. What do people burn to stay warm?
- 33. What do people use to call someone?
- 34. What do dogs eat?
- 35. What do people wear on their feet?
- 36. What machine cleans dishes?
- 37. What meal do people eat in the morning?
- 38. What color is grass?
- 39. What do bees make?
- 40. What do people wear to stay warm?
- 41. What keeps food cold?
- 42. What do people sit on?
- 43. What do people use to keep their teeth clean?
- 44. What machine cooks a cake?
- 45. What tells the time?
- 46. What do people need to drink?
- 47. What makes toast?
- 48. What do people drink out of?
- 49. What do married people wear?
- 50. What do people take pictures with?
- 51. What do people eat soup with?
- 52. What does a baby drink?
- 53. What heats food?
- 54. What do people write with?
- 55. What animal has black stripes?
- 56. What transportation flies in the air?
- 57. What color is a school bus?
- 58. What day is your birthday?
- 59. What do people wear on their feet?
- 60. What cuts grass?
- 61. When do people eat breakfast?
- 62. When do people sleep?
- 63. When does school start?
- 64. When is winter break?
- 65. When is Valentine’s Day?
- 66. When is New Years?
- 67. When do people brush their teeth?
- 68. When do people eat dinner?
- 69. When is your birthday?
- 70. When do people wake up?
- 71. When is Christmas?
- 72. When is summer?
- 73. When do people shower?
- 74. When do people put their PJs on?
- 75. When do flowers bloom?
- 76. When do leaves fall from trees?
- 77. When do people go swimming?
- 78. When does school end?
- 79. When does the sun set?
- 80. When do people eat lunch?
- 81. When does it snow?
- 82. When do people cry?
- 83. When do people go to the store?
- 84. When do people need new shoes?
- 85. When do people eat desserts?
- 86. When do people drink coffee?
- 87. When does it rain?
- 88. When do people turn the lights on?
- 89. When do people wash their hands?
- 90. When do people wear mittens?
- 91. Where are clouds located?
- 92. Where do people sleep?
- 93. Where do people swim?
- 94. Where do people make dinner?
- 95. Where do kids go to learn?
- 96. Where can people borrow books?
- 97. Where do people go out to eat?
- 98. Where do people get gas?
- 99. Where do people buy groceries?
- 100. Where do people buy coffee?
- 101. Where do people go to play?
- 102. Where do people play tennis?
- 103. Where do people buy clothes?
- 104. Where do people get their teeth cleaned?
- 105. Where do people take their sick pets?
- 106. Where do people get their hair cut?
- 107. Where do people buy pets?
- 108. Where do people buy toys?
- 109. Where do sharks live?
- 110. Where do people skip rocks?
- 111. Where do people workout?
- 112. Where can people watch a movie?
- 113. Where do people buy candy?
- 114. Where do people surf?
- 115. Where do people play football?
- 116. Where do people wash their car?
- 117. Where do people get pumpkins?
- 118. Where do alligators live?
- 119. Where do doctors work?
- 120. Where do people go camping?
- 121. Why do people wear shoes?
- 122. Why do people drink water?
- 123. Why do people go swimming?
- 124. Why do kids go to school?
- 125. Why do people watch TV?
- 126. Why do people water flowers?
- 127. Why does it rain?
- 128. Why do people fly?
- 129. Why do people sleep?
- 130. Why do leaves fall?
- 131. Why do dogs bark?
- 132. Why do people run?
- 133. Why does it snow?
- 134. Why does a cat lick their fur?
- 135. Why do people get dressed up?
- 136. Why do people get a job?
- 137. Why do people wear mittens?
- 138. Why do people make a fire?
- 139. Why do people wear raincoats?
- 140. Why do people have friends?
- 141. Why do people smell flowers?
- 142. Why do people talk on the phone?
- 143. Why do people turn on lights?
- 144. Why do people get take out food?
- 145. Why do people have pets?
- 146. Why does grass grow?
- 147. Why do people listen to music?
- 148. Why do people go on vacation?
- 149. Why do people take a shower?
- 150. Why do people take their shoes off?
- 151. How do people tag someone?
- 152. How do people ride a horse?
- 153. How do people turn a TV on?
- 154. How do people make a snowman?
- 155. How do flowers grow?
- 156. How do people chop wood?
- 157. How do people tie their shoes?
- 158. How do people wake up on time?
- 159. How do people make a sandwich?
- 160. How do people ride a bike?
- 161. How do people bake cookies?
- 162. How do people take a picture?
- 163. How do people sweep the floor?
- 164. How do people dance?
- 165. How do people throw a ball?
- 166. How does a caterpillar become a butterfly?
- 167. How do people erase a mistake?
- 168. How does ice melt?
- 169. How do people tie their shoes?
- 170. How do people drive a car?
- 171. How do people start a fire?
- 172. How do people make pizza?
- 173. How do people mow their yard?
- 174. How do people rake leaves?
- 175. How do people learn to walk?
- 176. How do people paint their nails?
- 177. How do people make spaghetti?
- 178. How does a bird fly?
- 179. How do people use scissors?
- 180. How do people open a door?
Conclusion: How to Target Wh Questions for Speech Therapy
Help your students learn how to answer wh questions for speech therapy activities with these fun wh-question cards. Simply cut out the wh questions for speech therapy printable and laminate and start having your students answering simple wh questions for speech therapy today.
Looking for More Great Freebies?
Be sure to check out the following: